Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sony DSLR A900

 Well, another month, another year. We still have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and I' still learning how to use my new Sony DSLR 
A900. I've taken some good shots with it but am still playing with the ISO settings with different lenses with different lighting. 
 The Sony A900 uses lenses that are made for film cameras and I've been playing with the macro's.
  This was made with a Tamron AF28-200mm F3.8/5.6 with minimal lighting at ISO 800. 
 My Sony 70-300 just came in today and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but will see what I can do with it this weekend. Looks like I'm going to have to start using the tripod for these. This pix came out at 35.7 mb in Sony's raw format. After converting and compressing I got a 13.4mb jpg at 6048x4032 at 350dpi. This was huge.
 At anything above ISO 200 the pix seems to pickup a lot of noise when doing the large format pix, but have only had a chance to use it in limited lighting situations.
 Sorry for the mess on my desk but will try to clean it up a bit this weekend and use some extra lighting.
 Will have more this weekend...
 




2 comments:

Polly Forns said...

WHAT ???????

Unknown said...

yay, an update!
lol...

Love the new camera! Cant wait for you to start posting some of your shoots on here!